Thanks for taking time to learn more about me and the services available at Collaborative Connection!
I am originally from Illinois, and I have lived in Germany, Japan, Virginia and Kentucky. I am currently settled in Washington State. I have a Master’s degree in counseling and psychology from Northern Illinois University and in 2002, I earned a Doctorate in Leadership from Seattle University. My dissertation research focused on successful middle to upper level managers, who lead outside their country of passport.
Before opening Collaborative Connection, I was employed by the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA). I was the coordinator for the school counseling and psychology services for DoDEA-Europe and then moved on to DoDEA-Headquarters as coordinator for these same programs. Prior to accepting the coordinator positions, I had the honor of working as a school counselor in Germany, Japan and the US, supporting students and families in transition.
I have two wonderful children who are grown and have children of their own. Although it was many years ago, I still remember our first overseas assignment. As the plane was landing, I looked over at my son and excitedly said “Oh this is my childhood dream!” And he, in all honesty said, “It is sure not mine!”
We can all look back now and laugh, but it wasn’t always easy. We truly understand the challenges that come along with the rewards of living in another culture.
I love travel, photography, kayaking, hiking and learning! I especially love my work! It is so much fun because it involves meeting and supporting interesting people from all over the world!
I specialize in:
- Working with clients who are planning to retire or have retired after living abroad.
- Supporting expatriates and their families through all aspects of international transition.
- Working with organizations seeking to hire or successfully relocate employees into international assignments.
- Facilitating effective intercultural trainings.
- Providing organizations with strategies for employee retention and
- Supporting non-US expatriates who live and work in the Seattle area.