As you begin your journey, we can help you explore your own cultural preferences, offer insight into the new country and culture, and assist you in developing a plan to bridge the cultural differences.
While living abroad, you will have an opportunity to grow personally and professionally. We can help you decipher confusing or paradoxical experiences, and develop strategies to manage them effectively. We offer the perfect “safe-haven” for exploring emotionally charged situations. We can help you adapt to your new environment, develop cross-cultural relationships and identify the necessary skills to succeed in your unique situation.
When returning from an overseas assignment you are likely to experience some unexpected challenges and frustrations. Reentry is an individual experience that can differ greatly, even for members of the same family. This is the perfect time to explore what your international experience has meant to you! We are available to listen and to help “normalize” your reentry. We have the skills to ask important questions, deepening your understanding of what you have learned, how you have grown personally and professionally and most importantly we’ll help you develop a strategy for incorporating this experience into the next chapter of your life.
Some suggestions based on your stage of transition are:
Entering into the new culture with a greater understanding of:
- Cultural Values and Expectations
- Communication Styles and Preferences
- Culture Shock and Culture Fatigue
- Travel Safety
Maximizing the advantages of your international experience by:
- Decoding Confusing and Emotionally Charged Experiences
- Self-Managing and Adjusting to Paradoxical Situations
- Deepening Personal Leadership Style and Adaptability
- Effectively Managing and Facilitating Cross-Cultural Teams
Making the most of your cross-cultural learning experience through:
- Recognizing reentry as an Individual Experience (even for members of the same family)
- Normalizing Unexpected Challenges and Frustrations
- Identifying and Reflecting on Lessons Learned
- Developing Strategies for Sharing Lessons Learned
- Exploring Possibilities and Planning for the Future
- Discovering Options and Planning for Retirement
(Also See Personal International Transition)